Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sketching is art, too!






When we think of sketches, we (or at least I) think of a slim idea, or a half-formed vision. It's amazing how fast they take shape and invade the "nobler" realms of art as paintings, sculptures, and finished drawings. Think of Leonardo's and Michelangelo's sketches and see how artists' minds solve problems while accidentally creating a study or sketch which, centuries later, is as precious as the finished artwork it helped shape.

While I'm not of such stature, training, dedication, talent, and brilliance as these masters, I'm fond of my own sketches at times, and can't toss them after I'm through with them. Here are a few of them. You might see the finished paintings of some of them on my website.

Nancy
www.nancyparkart.com

No comments: