Wednesday, September 24, 2008

En Plein Air




Having just finished a painting, I decided to dedicate today to housework. Saved by the bell! The mundane chores of the working class were put aside to indulge myself with three other artists on an excursion to a lake in the afternoon, with the intention to stay until sunset. We were on the east shore of the lake, looking across and watching the sailboats. It was a gorgeous day, with just enough breeze to prevent it from being hot. The company was pleasant and the painting came easy. Here are the alla prima paintings I came home with. I'm pleased, chock loaded with vitamin D and compatible company.

I can't imagine those who come to my funeral one day talking about what a wonderful housekeeper I was. But they may speak gentle words about my art!

-- Nancy

No comments: