Thursday, October 2, 2008

Alla Prima...Not!



On our second trip to the lake last Friday, the three of us positioned ourselves further apart. One of my friends made such an interesting subject with her new umbrella that I wanted to paint her. At six p.m. the boats started sailing and I added some as an afterthought, with a stroke or two.

As you can see, the first painting that I took home was the alla prima version, but I thought I had a little too much white space at the bottom -- and the boats looked like they were sailing in air!

I put in a couple of hours balancing the painting's values, colors and trying to keep it in its original all-at-once looseness at home .. that's the second photo you see, which I entered in a show yesterday.

Nancy
www.nancyparkart.com
paintslinger@blogspot.com

No comments: