Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Speed Painting?



Here is a comment I received from a friend the other day:

"I tried to leave a comment on your blog. But, apparently you have to
sign up with Google and I'm a bit rushed this evening.

"About your Paseo painting: I think you're on to something. I'm no
expert. But, it seems to me you captured the color, the light and
the "feeling" of the place. Isn't that the hard part that not many
people can do? Anything more would be unnecessary embellishment."

I didn't realize that Google required anyone to sign up for anything before they could leave a comment. Maybe this is why I have had so few responses. It's really nice to know that there are people looking at my blog!

Here are two more paintings done on the fly, during a day-trip to Gloucester, MA. Not only are these two slap-dash oil sketches done in about two hours apiece*, but I used a recommended technique of applying a complementary-color grisaille before applying the top layer of true color. It definitely turns the colors vibrant.

There is nothing more pleasurable than painting from life. One of the lobstermen, hauling in his catch for the day (the boat painting), asked me if I would like to haul this trap in while he finished my painting. Laughing, I declined.

*plus forty years!

Nancy

www.nancyparkart.com
paintslinger.blogspot.com

No comments: